Monday, June 13, 2011

" I want Candy..."

My  awesome SIL Tracy is here for the summer.  WE love when family is here and wish we could have all our family here during the summer.  I love Tracy's easy going attitude.  Like Saturday we met her for dinner, and we drove into the Olive Garden parking lot and there was no parking available she didn't mind a bit when I suggested the Mall Food Court.  I mean who thinks Mall Food Court for dinner?

After enjoying our various meals Tracy handed out quarters for the kids to get  a candy from the bubblegum machines (you know the big bubble gum buffets at malls?)  Elliot quickly gobbled hers up and asked for another quarter.  Well, I said no and the fit started, "but mom, please?" repeated 10 times.  Finally she had had it with me and stated, "but Mom, I'm just a girl who likes candy!"

I appreciate her honesty, but she still didn't get the quarter.  Can't wait to see what future arguments will be.

No comments: