Saturday, June 13, 2009

Help...Mom...I need you.

I was down stairs, on the computer, when I hear Elli yelling..."Mom, I need you." "help" She didn't sound urgent, but I went to see what she "needed" anyway. (she often yells "I need you" then shows me something she likes, or she just wants to be held." Anyway...
This is what I found. Elli, all by herself, made this fun contraption and couldn't get down.

Yes, I do have my hands full.
This "rope"(its the tie from Mikes robe) does serve a purpose in our home. When Elliot moved to a bed she would come out 5 to 10 times a night. Her door is hung wrong and won't latch all the way, so I couldn't even Lock her in her room. So one night after 3 HOURS of putting her back in her room every 5 minutes, I came up with this plan. She has never come out again after bed time! Smile. Actually I usually don't even need to "lock" her door, I can just threaten I am going to and she will stay in her bed. Ahhh...the feeling of control.

1 comment:

Retired and Happy said...

Grandma to the rescue. I help you Elliot. Just a month away and I will be there. You be careful.