Thursday, December 13, 2012

Laura and Kid's big October trip to Boise



With a week still off of school the kids and I headed to Boise.  The kids were great, they kept themselves entertained.  Miles and Caleigh were great front seat helpers, and we had almost no drama.  

The kids kept busy in their own ways.  Miles had fun texting Gpa.  Gpa would ask the kids to look for landmarks then Miles would take a picture of them and text it to Gpa.  How fun!  There is not much between Reno and Boise, but Gpa made the trip exciting.  





A few weeks before our trip Griffin and I had a conversation about Disney movies.  Apparently he has not seen many of the classics (Dumbo, Pinoccio, Pete's Dragon, etc...) but his way of telling me was, "you wouldn't let me see them."  Like I was punishing him, or keeping him from seeing them!  What?!  It was funny to all of us and it became our big joke, "everyone can watch this movie, but Griffin, he's not allowed."  So when we got to Mom's she had a whole pile of movies for Griffin to see.  He set himself up (yep those dolls were all Griff) and started watching... 


We had so much fun seeing family, hitting the discovery center of Idaho to see cadavers, laughing, playing, and general mayhem.   


We had dinner one night with Gma and Gpa Peterson.  The kids each got a box of "boogers" a gummy candy treat.  Elliot didn't care for hers, so she tried to give it back to Gpa Tom the next day when he picked the kids up for a Gpa Tom and kid play date.  We all laughed.  She is so logical, I can just see her brain working, "well, I don't like these, but Gpa Tom and Gma Frankie bought them so they must like them, so I will give them back."  Ha ha ha.  Funny.




Another day we spent touring Uncle Chris's new firestation.  How cool is it to have an Uncle as a firefighter?  Almost as cool as having a Brother as a firefighter.  Chris gave us the grand tour.  The kids got hats, toured the truck, tried on the equipment, and met the crew.  It was so fun for all of us.  Thanks Big Bro!




The last day in Boise we celebrated my Dad and Sam's birthday.  These guys are two of the best men I know.  Sam is the oldest grand-kid in our family and he is just the best example ever.  

We started off the day with a tour of the recently remolded Boise, ID temple.  What a great experience to walk through with my family and children.  I was 8 or 9 when the temple was first built and dedicated and I had walked through then, but now I was able to walk through it again with my children.  How cool!  









Then we headed back for cake and ice cream and yummy food.




Finally, we all got ready to trunk-or-treat at the Firebird Raceway.  The kids scored so much candy it was unreal.  And we got to see some cool races too!  Next time I'm bringing earplugs for all of us though.  




 It is so nice to be so close to family.  A 10 hr. drive is so worth it to see my kids playing with cousins and spending time with our family.  

On the way home we had a great time talking about all the memories we had just made, and the kids wanted to know all about temple marriages, and how Mike and I met.  I love these precious conversations and road trips are the best places to have them.  Can't wait for the next one!

No comments: