Friday, April 22, 2011

What we've been doing lately




Our days have been flying by with baseball/softball practices and sewing projects. I'm so grateful to have been given my wonderful sewing machine and have finally been using it daily! I've been quilting/making the girls summer skirts/ and recently making monsters (I'll post about those later...their not quiet done.) The kids are the most grateful recipients of my projects. They LOVE everything I do, and they never look for the mistakes. They don't realize that the measurements were wrong, the seams aren't straight, the thread color is off, and most projects end up taking me way longer than an average sewer. It makes me so happy to make them something. Elliot's showing off her new Market Skirt. I heart the pockets, and they weren't too hard to make.

On a side note, the weather has been crappy and softball/baseball practices have been semi-miserable for the kids. It's cold and their little fingers and faces are numb for hours after. Miles especially doesn't seem to be enjoying the outfield as snowflakes swirl around him. Poor guy. And mean old me keeps saying, "Don't start crying, I know it's cold, but you really don't want to start crying in front of your team." I'll snap some pictures as soon as the uniforms come in and the kids are all geared up.

Griffin's season hasn't even started! So I can't imagine what adding his schedule will be like. He is the most determined guy. We are out everyday practicing throwing and catching. He almost hardly drops the ball now and he's throws are getting farther. Can't wait to see him in action.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Busy Busy Busy! I love the skirts. Not too long and you'll have to show me how to make them for Mikayla! Give the kids hugs and loves from their Montana Family! Can't wait to see them in their Baseball duds.

The Crazy Heads said...

Adorable skirt!!!! You did a great job! Miss you guys. P.S. I'm still preggo.

Shannon and Family said...

I love baseball season! I am hoping for some warmer weather too for our season. Great job with the sewing! The skirt looks so cute.

Titus Fam said...

The skirt is so cute!!! And I love the new picture of the kids you have on the side. It's awesome. So much personality bursting from there.

Our boys are just starting baseball too. It's pretty exciting stuff. Love you guys.
Em

Kata said...

So many adventures in mothering... sometimes i loath the beautiful spring because we're so busy. But it really is a lovely itme of year. I LOVE Elliot's skirt! I am freaking out over the pockets! You're a total inspiration! xx!